- Title: Tidal Tribe
- Genre: Indie, Simulation
- Developer: PowPit
- Publisher: PowPit
- Release Date: 18 Jul, 2019
ABOUT THIS GAME
A relaxing God Game about Terraforming, Water and Farming
In classical god game fashion, Tidal Tribe gives you the power to shape the terrain. Raise and lower the land to protect your villages from waves and floods, all while using that very same water to build lakes and rivers, turning the desert land into a lively forest of trees and bushes.
And these trees are the key to your success: provide enough plants of all the different types to allow your people to satisfy their needs and make their village prosper. Oh, and make sure the paths to those trees don’t pass around a dozen lakes and mountains and stuff. There’s no point in having all these plantations if it takes ages to reach them. But if you’re not busy building, you can also just relax. Watch what kind of shenanigans your people are up too. Depending on the terrain you provide and their society stats, they may even start building factories. Or become criminals. Maybe wage war. Or just burn everything down again in a revolution.
- Story mode with 5 main missions, several side missions, parkour maps (incorporating the terraforming), minigames, treasure maps, photo quests and other surprises. Oh, and different endings. However you shape the world, decides what path the story takes.
- Generally just relaxing gameplay where you build your irrigation channels, shape the farmland, build paths and maybe collect some fruits yourself.
- Free Game and Challenge mode (okay, that one’s a bit less relaxing).
- Completely dynamic worlds: shapeable terrain, waves flowing through said terrain (and possibly eroding it), vegetation growing depending on the terrain and water, villages expanding and shrinking.
- NPC AI includes among others: collecting fruits, satisfying their needs, spending their free time, but also (if necessary, depending on the level and how you play): stealing to survive, guarding their plantations against thieves, fighting, waging war,…
- Over four hours of original music.
- Created entirely by one person.